In the advanced backup plan you may decide whether the performed backup tasks may or may not be compressed and choose a backup compression algorithm to be used:
- LZ4 - Lossless streaming compression algorithm that is focused on fast compression and even faster then decompression speed. It ensures fast backup compression with a reasonable ratio.
- ZStandard - a real-time lossless data compression algorithm that provides a high compression ratio. It offers a very wide range of speed/compression trade-off and is backed by an extremely fast decoder.
In addition, the user can choose one of three backup compression levels:
- Low - faster backup but it takes more space on storage.
- Medium - the most optimal data compression level - a compromise between the time of the compression process performance, and the size of the data that will be saved in the storage.
- High - the compression process may take longer, however, it reduces the backup size and saves storage space.
This feature balances between efficiency of storage and lossless compression that lets you maintain baseline data quality.